It started with one house in New Orleans.
Five years ago I bought my first house in lower midcity New Orleans. I loved its character despite the "rough" neighborhood. The abandoned house next door was a harbor for vagrants. Of the nineteen houses on my block, nine were vacant. After eighteen months of calling an absentee property owner, I purchased and renovated the house next door. I was elated. I purchased two additional abandoned properties. After their renovations, the corner of my block had transformed. Witnessing the turnaround, others began to fix their homes. The neighborhood has transformed.
While I come from humble beginnings, I've been fortunate to always have the support of my parents and only sibling. Whether it was on the soccer field growing up or my crazy "innovative" entrepreneurial ideas, my family has always backed me 100%. I told myself that one day I would name my company after them. CSM stands for Carlos-Stella-Monica, the first names of my parents and sister.
CSM Investments is an umbrella of companies that specializes is real estate development to include strategic acquisitions, renovations, and management. Whether you are looking for a primary home or investment project, we are also capable of quickly selling or buying properties for our clients.
CSM has been busy. In the past few years we have purchased and renovated over 50 units and currently have zero vacancies. Our portfolio ranges from single family homes to an 8-plex in the Treme neighborhood. 95% of our rentals are longterm rentals with the remaining 5% are currently being rented as short term rentals.
Using those short term rentals as beta for demand in the lower Mid-City area, CSM has decided to enter the hospitality industry and is co-developing two motels on Tulane Ave and a bed and breakfast a block away from the recently opened Lafitte Greenway.
Thanks for visiting!
- Alexander Ramirez, Founder